The 19th Session of the Human Rights Council underscored the importance of robust engagement at the Council, where the United States continues to work with a diverse range of countries from all regions of the world to address urgent human rights concerns.
U.S. leadership kept the Council at the forefront of the international effort to promote and protect human rights in the Middle East as the Arab Spring continues to transform the region. U.S. engagement has resulted in significant improvements to the Human Rights Council (HRC) over the past two and a half years, making it a more effective and credible multilateral forum for promoting and protecting human rights.
At the same time, the Council’s biased and disproportionate focus on Israel continues to be a major challenge, as exemplified by the annual Item 7 resolutions. Through engagement at the Council, the U.S. continues to vigorously oppose this biased treatment. MORE
- globalconscience reblogged this from statedept
- jazulay reblogged this from statedept
- starry-dreamer likes this
- justridebears reblogged this from statedept
- justridebears likes this
- jrnels reblogged this from statedept and added:
- fictionthatmatters reblogged this from statedept and added:
- statedept posted this