Fact Sheet: The U.S.-Philippines Partnership
Office of the Spokesperson
April 30, 2012
Deepening the Security and Strategic Partnership
- We continue to enhance our cooperation and force interoperability in the areas of humanitarian assistance, disaster relief, and maritime security, conducting nearly 20 combined exercises every year, including the recently completed 28th iteration of Exercise “Balikatan” (“Shoulder-to-Shoulder”).
- The Republic of the Philippines is a committed peacekeeping provider, deploying nearly 1,000 troops, police and civilians to United Nations (UN) peacekeeping missions annually. The United States supports the Philippines’ peacekeeping role through continued funding and training.
- There were over 100 U.S. ship visits to the Philippines last year. In June 2012, the U.S. hospital ship the USNS Mercy will provide medical, dental, and veterinary services to Filipinos on the islands of Samar, Basilan, and Sulu. U.S. personnel also intend to partner with counterparts from the Philippine armed forces to construct and renovate school and health facilities. MORE
- gatic reblogged this from statedept and added:
- rainegoaway likes this
- loveredefined likes this
- theworkingprocess likes this
- leknox reblogged this from statedept
- the-hotel-lobby likes this
- jermboxs likes this
- chattingoutloud likes this
- gatic said: Please enable your ask box so I can talk to you.
- gatic likes this
- statedept posted this