Tonight, President Barack Obama delivered remarks at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.
President Obama said, “Today, I signed a historic agreement between the United States and Afghanistan that defines a new kind of relationship between our countries — a future in which Afghans are responsible for the security of their nation, and we build an equal partnership between two sovereign states; a future in which war ends, and a new chapter begins.
“Tonight, I’d like to speak to you about this transition. But first, let us remember why we came here. It was here, in Afghanistan, where Osama bin Laden established a safe haven for his terrorist organization. It was here, in Afghanistan, where al Qaeda brought new recruits, trained them, and plotted acts of terror. It was here, from within these borders, that al Qaeda launched the attacks that killed nearly 3,000… more »
- dailydoseofcharm likes this
- rhythmicadence reblogged this from statedept
- s-zuniga reblogged this from statedept
- avenyc likes this
- polkahardlikeamofo likes this
- bsicalltoday likes this
- alittlesentiment reblogged this from statedept
- evil-sherlock-holmes reblogged this from statedept
- evil-sherlock-holmes likes this
- statedept posted this