Office of the Spokesperson
May 4, 2012
The Chinese Government stated today that Mr. Chen Guangcheng has the same right to travel abroad as any other citizen of China. Mr. Chen has been offered a fellowship from an American university, where he can be accompanied by his wife and two children.
The Chinese Government has indicated that it will accept Mr. Chen’s applications for appropriate travel documents. The United States Government expects that the Chinese Government will expeditiously process his applications for these documents and make accommodations for his current medical condition. The United States Government would then give visa requests for him and his immediate family priority attention.
This matter has been handled in the spirit of a cooperative U.S.-China partnership.
- schoolamongtheruins likes this
- themaninthearena likes this
- jerriann likes this
- f1ghtoffyourdem0ns likes this
- theamericanbear reblogged this from joshsternberg
- weveneverbeenalive likes this
- weveneverbeenalive reblogged this from statedept
- chinucheeti reblogged this from statedept
- politicalponders likes this
- batmanlovesamanda likes this
- captcouch likes this
- trxfreely likes this
- staceyfenton likes this
- con-tem-plate likes this
- joshsternberg reblogged this from statedept
- charmingpeopleincardigans reblogged this from statedept and added:
- statedept posted this