About the Author: David Cavey serves in the Office of Congressional and Public Affairs in the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs at the Department of State.
More than thirty-five years after the Vietnam War, Laos continues to struggle with the legacy of unexploded ordnance dropped by U.S. military aircraft seeking to disrupt military supply routes used by North Vietnamese forces. Surviving the Peace, a powerful short film produced by our partners at Mines Advisory Group (MAG), with support from the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement (PM/WRA), captures the kind of challenges facing rural families not only in Laos, but in dozens of countries around the world long after conflicts end, and what the United States is doing to help.
The film tells the story of a Lao family coping with the consequences of this… more »
- amillionelephants reblogged this from statedept
- cisrjmu reblogged this from statedept
- amillionelephants likes this
- thedancingtoast reblogged this from statedept and added:
- thedancingtoast likes this
- kelseyraeallday reblogged this from statedept
- statedept posted this