As the Olympic and Paralympic Games proved this summer, sports have the unique ability to bring people together peacefully.
As part of its Empowering Women and Girls Through Sports Initiative, the U.S. Department of State brought 18 young female athletes and two coaches from India and Pakistan together recently for the first joint India-Pakistan sports exchange program.
Regardless of their country of origin, these athletes and coaches became a team. They shared laughs, started a new conversation with one another, and encouraged each other to excel both on and off the soccer field.
With a focus on peace building, the India-Pakistan soccer exchange also highlights the importance of using sports as a means of empowerment. According… more »
- beautiifulangell likes this
- paul-liu reblogged this from annegoddard and added:
- thevadosezone reblogged this from statedept
- thevadosezone likes this
- rethinkagain likes this
- raynor64 likes this
- seedofcompassion likes this
- negz107 reblogged this from annegoddard and added:
- flannelinspiration reblogged this from annegoddard
- tmpi likes this
- annegoddard reblogged this from statedept
- kurashov reblogged this from statedept
- astronomiaedelectatio likes this
- palmtreepalmtree likes this
- texnessa reblogged this from statedept and added:
- wittyblognamehere likes this
- iwaslivinginadeviltown likes this
- statedept posted this