About the Author: Ambassador Eileen Chamberlain Donahoe serves as the U.S. Permanent Representative to the UN Human Rights Council.
The United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva just concluded its 21st session, which was the last regular session of the United States’ first term on the Council. Since we joined in 2009, working together with a broad range of cross regional partners, we made significant progress across a wide array of important human rights issues.
Early in the session, the United States along with the Czech Republic, Indonesia, Lithuania, the Maldives, Mexico, and Nigeria, presented a resolution on the rights of freedom of association and assembly. The resolution reaffirms the importance of respect for the rights of peaceful association and assembly as essential components of democracy. The resolution calls upon States to cooperate fully with the Special Rapporteur on the rights to freedom… more »
- ic-sis reblogged this from usengageun
- usengageun reblogged this from statedept
- iwaslivinginadeviltown likes this
- naomiinteal likes this
- luangrath likes this
- avatareverlark likes this
- kvsands reblogged this from statedept
- theproperprince reblogged this from statedept
- climateadaptation likes this
- kartikasyarif reblogged this from statedept
- williamwidmer likes this
- theideadept reblogged this from statedept
- statedept posted this