About the Author: Stephanie Grosser serves as a Program Analyst at the U.S. Agency for International Development.
The recent growth of tech start-ups in sub-Saharan Africa is starting to create a buzz.
And what’s not to be excited about? Tech companies created in Africa, by Africans, to address local and global problems have untold potential to change the world. After judging a recent Global Innovations in Science and Technology boot camp in West Africa, venture capitalist Scott Hartley said, “Providing guidance for the top one percent of innovators likely improves the lives of the 99 percent.”
Personal computer usage in Africa is exceptionally low at two percent and Internet penetration is only about 14 percent. However, with indications that tech start-ups, tech… more »
- 4everchasing reblogged this from statedept
- bamaboi1974 likes this
- mzmadea2u likes this
- maffra-man likes this
- equalitywatch likes this
- charmed-as-a-charmander likes this
- rockthatrifle reblogged this from statedept
- dharmathroughkarma reblogged this from statedept
- convellere2012 reblogged this from statedept and added:
- convellere2012 likes this
- avatareverlark likes this
- statedept posted this