About the Author: Jeff Howard serves as Marine Security Guard Branch Chief in the Bureau of Diplomatic Security.
Since 1949, the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Marine Corps have enjoyed a close and cohesive working relationship through the Marine Security Guard (MSG) program at our U.S. missions overseas. MSGs serve alongside our own Diplomatic Security Service, helping to secure our embassies and consulates.
On November 10, Marines throughout the world marked the 237th anniversary of the Corps’ existence and service to our nation. Some members of the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) continue this tradition of service to our nation by working with Diplomatic Security professionals at approximately 150 U.S. diplomatic missions worldwide.
Standing at “Post One” in our facilities abroad, MSGs are among the first representatives of the United… more »
- adrithozaifar reblogged this from statedept and added:
- reallycoolshenans reblogged this from statedept
- perilpress likes this
- rethinkagain likes this
- benideti reblogged this from statedept
- purplegem reblogged this from statedept
- hoola121 reblogged this from statedept and added:
- charli-mcda reblogged this from statedept
- statedept posted this