More: Statement by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
On Monday, November 12, the United States was reelected to the UN Human Rights Council during a session of the 67th UN General Assembly. As the United States prepares for another term on the Council, we note the numerous accomplishments during the first term and pledge to continue the hard work necessary to advance human rights worldwide.
Since joining the Council in 2009, our efforts to strengthen and redirect the Council have resulted in concrete actions to address human rights abuses around the world. While the Council remains imperfect — particularly in its disproportionate focus on Israel — it is becoming a more balanced and credible institution.
… more »
- chathu567 likes this
- fyconsularofficers reblogged this from statedept
- spitalnick reblogged this from statedept
- kiss-distinctly-american likes this
- spaceknit reblogged this from statedept
- resurrecthobbes likes this
- rethinkagain likes this
- presidentraggy reblogged this from statedept
- moorewr likes this
- the-starpilot-has-landed said: how?????? oh wait, the un is owned by the us. it isn’t a legitimate world organization.
- sarahlee310 likes this
- lynnhtetyan likes this
- talix18 likes this
- blacksisyphus reblogged this from statedept
- statedept posted this