About the Author: Ann Mei Chang serves as the Senior Advisor for Women and Technology in the Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues.
Over the past decade, the international development community has recognized that investing in women is the most direct and effective way to promote economic growth, peace, and prosperity. Around the world, and more recently in developing countries, we have seen the transformative impact of information and communication technologies (ICTs), particularly mobile phones and the Internet. The question remains, what might be possible when we put these two powerful forces together by investing in women and ICTs in low-to-medium income countries?
This week, the U.S. Secretary of State’s Office of Global Women’s Issues and UN Women are convening the first International Forum on Women, ICT, and Development (WICTAD) in Washington DC,… more »
- luagomess likes this
- libraryforall-official reblogged this from statedept
- kjgibbs reblogged this from statedept
- mini-kitty-astronaut reblogged this from statedept
- vivalapenguins likes this
- hopelesswandererforlife reblogged this from statedept
- crooked-times reblogged this from statedept
- queenkitsch reblogged this from statedept
- hayclearing likes this
- rethinkagain likes this
- jsdfhksdf likes this
- statedept posted this