Working to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment around the world can be a challenge. There are difficult days when you wonder if your efforts are having a real impact on the lives of women and girls facing violence, deprivation, discrimination and disempowerment on a daily basis. But when you have the opportunity to meet individuals fighting to create a better life for themselves, their families, and their communities, it makes it all worthwhile.
Yesterday was one of those days.
Yesterday, USAID was proud to host the International Women of Courage awardees. These remarkable… more »
- misbegottenduty reblogged this from statedept
- cupofmilktea reblogged this from statedept
- frangis45 likes this
- mafia-madness likes this
- rev320productions likes this
- kindness330 reblogged this from statedept
- algenubi likes this
- drom147 reblogged this from statedept
- drom147 likes this
- lahone reblogged this from statedept
- lord-kitschener likes this
- statedept posted this