About the Author: Siobhan Oat-Judge serves as Acting Spokesperson at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Medical personnel at Fatima Jinnah Hospital in Multan demonstrated the benefits that new equipment and trainings opportunities have made to their standard of care on Thursday, August 18, as U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission Director Andrew Sisson toured the facility. Fatima Jinnah Hospital is one of more than 80 Pakistani medical facilities that the United States has helped renovate in recent years in Pakistan.
“Most maternal deaths can be prevented with professional medical care,” Director Sisson said. “With these upgrades and improved trainings, Fatima Jinnah Hospital will deliver better care to mothers and infants in Multan.”
To assist in improvements to maternal and child health care throughout the country, USAID is purchasing medical equipment and supplies, while also training medical professionals, including midwives, female… more »
- moroccanoil-treatment-light-3-4 reblogged this from statedept
- mavala-switzerland-mavala-stop reblogged this from statedept
- gafas-carrera-2012 reblogged this from statedept
- adidas-gutscheincode-2012 reblogged this from statedept
- kuwaitigenius reblogged this from statedept and added:
- alittleaberration reblogged this from statedept
- statedept posted this